UM  > 科技學院
Nitrogen removal from a mixed industrial wastewater using food-waste leachate and sugar liquid waste as external carbon source: full-scale experiment
Monghak Lee1; Johwan Ahn1; Junghun Lee1; Wookeun Bae1; Hojae Shim2
2012
Source PublicationJournal of Korean Society on Water Environment
ISSN1229-4144
Volume28Issue:5Pages:663-668
Abstract

The feasibility of enhancing biological nutrient removal from an industrial wastewater was tested with food waste leachate and sugar liquid waste as external carbon sources. Long term influences of adding external carbon sources were investigated to see how the biological nutrient removal process worked in terms of the removal efficiency. The addition of the external carbons led to a significant improvement in the removal efficiency of nutrients: from 49% to approximately 76% for nitrogen and from 64% to around 80% for phosphorus. Approximately, 20% of the removal nitrogen was synthesized into biomass, while the remaining 80% was denitrified. Though the addition of external carbon sources improved nutrient removal, it also increased the waste sludge production substantially. The optimal observed BOD/TN ratio, based on nitrogen removal and sludge production, was around 4.0 in this study.

KeywordBiological Nutrient Removal External Carbon Source Food Waste Leachate Industrial Wastewater Sugar Liquid Waste
Indexed BySCI
Language其他
WOS Research AreaEngineering
WOS SubjectEnvironmental Engineering
WOS IDKJD:ART001701658
Fulltext Access
Citation statistics
Document TypeJournal article
CollectionFaculty of Science and Technology
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
Corresponding AuthorWookeun Bae
Affiliation1.Hanyang Univ, Dept Civil & Environm Engn, Ansan 426791, South Korea
2.Univ Macau, Dept Civil & Environm Engn, Taipa, Macau, Peoples R China
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Monghak Lee,Johwan Ahn,Junghun Lee,et al. Nitrogen removal from a mixed industrial wastewater using food-waste leachate and sugar liquid waste as external carbon source: full-scale experiment[J]. Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment,2012,28(5):663-668.
APA Monghak Lee,Johwan Ahn,Junghun Lee,Wookeun Bae,&Hojae Shim.(2012).Nitrogen removal from a mixed industrial wastewater using food-waste leachate and sugar liquid waste as external carbon source: full-scale experiment.Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment,28(5),663-668.
MLA Monghak Lee,et al."Nitrogen removal from a mixed industrial wastewater using food-waste leachate and sugar liquid waste as external carbon source: full-scale experiment".Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment 28.5(2012):663-668.
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Monghak Lee]'s Articles
[Johwan Ahn]'s Articles
[Junghun Lee]'s Articles
Baidu academic
Similar articles in Baidu academic
[Monghak Lee]'s Articles
[Johwan Ahn]'s Articles
[Junghun Lee]'s Articles
Bing Scholar
Similar articles in Bing Scholar
[Monghak Lee]'s Articles
[Johwan Ahn]'s Articles
[Junghun Lee]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.