• Pharmacological research of Chinese medicines on cardio/cerebral vascular disease
• Therapeutic strategies of exosomes or biomimetic nanomaterials for ischemic stroke
• Gut microbiota study on neurocognitive disorder in the elderly with biased Chinese Medicine constitution
• Functional foods for intervention of metabolic syndrome
• Clinical trial of cardio/cerebral vascular disease and prediabetes
Dr. Yonghua ZHAO has abundant Chinese Medical experiences on the study and treatment of cardio/cerebral vascular disease. After he was awarded a Master of Science degree in Integrative Clinical Medicine in 2001, he worked in the department of emergency internal medicine as Physician in the First Affiliated Hospital of Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Subsequently, he received his MD degree in Chinese Internal Medicine from Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. In 2004, he migrated to Macao and was recruited to be charge of Chinese Medicine pedagogical, research and clinical works by Macau University of Science and Technology. In 2019, he moved to Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences as Assistant Professor, University of Macau. Dr. Zhao hosted seven projects funded by The Science and Technology Development Fund (FDCT) of Macao Special Administrative Region, one project funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), and one start-up research grant (SRG) and one internal research grant (IRG) of UM. He has published 57 SCI articles, which of the first or corresponding author account for 39.
Honors & Rewards